Coding Period (7th June - 16th August)
7th June 2021
8th June 2021
- Earlier patch had issues with locking, I was trying to lock a C++ class rather than a GstObject. Worked on this.
9th June 2021
src->state_ was not working, and locking
src caused a deadlock. Worked on fixing this issue.
10th June 2021
- Identified the issue due to which locking
src caused a deadlock, I was calling GstElement API after locking the element, which was not clearly allowed.
11th June 2021
- Due to the way code was written, it was not possible to call GstElement API function outside the lock’s scope.
- Refactored the code, to solve the issue. Such that GstElement API was called before and on the basis of it’s result, the pad was added to
srcpad_ vector which was a operation that needed to be protected by a mutex.
- Sent a RFC patch with the fix, check here https://lists.libcamera.org/pipermail/libcamera-devel/2021-June/021286.html
12th June 2021
- Couldn’t work due to some urgent work.
13th June 2021
- Couldn’t work due to Research Internship work.